How to Apply Picture Perfect Decals
Important: If you have recently painted your walls, you must wait at least 30 days for the paint to out-gas and cure before applying the decals. Failure to wait may result in the decals not sticking properly.
1. Start by washing your hands to remove any oil or dirt. Ensure your hands are completely dry before handling the decals.
2. Use a warm, damp cloth or sponge to wipe down the wall where you plan to apply the decals. Use only warm water and avoid using cleaning products or Windex. Allow the wall to dry completely before proceeding.
3. Examine your decals and plan out their placement on the wall.
4. Carefully peel a decal off the backing paper. Sometimes, the fabric decals may still be connected to the background by a thread. This is normal, and the decal should come off easily. If you encounter a spot that doesn't come off easily, use scissors to cut the decal free.
For larger decals, it ia helpful to have another person assist you to prevent it from folding onto itself during application. If a decal accidentally sticks to itself, work gently to pull it apart without causing damage.
5. Once the decal is removed from the backing, stick it onto the clean wall and smooth it into place, ensuring that all edges are pressed down firmly. Repeat this process for all of your decals. If you experience any bubbles or wrinkles during application, simply peel back that area and re-apply the decal.
On heavily inked decals, rub as minimal and lightly as possible to prevent ink transferring off the decal and onto your hands.
Fabric decals can be repositioned multiple times, but over time, the adhesive may collect dust, dirt, or fibers, making it less effective. To ensure long-lasting adhesion, only apply the decals to clean and dry surfaces. Following these instructions will help you achieve the best results when applying and positioning your wall decals. Enjoy decorating your space!